For the latest information regarding coronavirus please visit – https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Click here to view our Information Sheet for Parents.
The main symptoms of Coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
If you or your child have coronavirus symptoms:
- Please DO NOT send your child to school. You should report your child’s absence by calling 01803 317901.
- You should organise a test via the NHS online portal or by calling 119.
- Your household should isolate until you receive the test results giving the all clear.
- Your child will not be able to return to school until you have informed us that you have received the test result giving the all clear or your child has completed the appropriate period of self-isolation
If your child tests positive for Coronavirus:
- You must notify the school IMMEDIATELY of the positive test result.
- During the hours of 8am – 4pm please report the positive test result by calling 01803 317901
- Outside of these hours you should report the positive test result by completing the Google Form below:
Out of Hours Confirmed Covid Case form.
What happens when I inform the school that my child has tested positive for Coronavirus?
- The Headteacher or another Senior Leader will make contact with you to verify the details of the confirmed case
- The Headteacher will inform the Local Authority and DFE Help Line
- A risk assessment meeting will be call by Public Health who will coordinate the school’s response to the confirmed case
- There may be many people in contact with you to help support the trackj and trace process and your full cooperation is appreciated.
- Communication will be sent out to the school community via our normal communication channels.
- It is important that we have the most up to date contact information for you.
Further useful information (click on the link)