Find ways of working more effectively
- At the end of each Half Term subject teachers provide the 6th Form Team with data about each student’s academic progress relative to his/her school target.
- This check called Academic Monitoring is the focus for a discussion between the student and his/her tutor. Sixth form students are developing independence and we invest in this process through small tutor groups, specialist tutors and time.
- Letters are sent out to parents of students who teachers have identified to be working below targets that have been agreed with teachers.
- The Tutor will then discuss with the student ways forward and the outcomes will be recorded in meaningful plans, which the parent is asked to sign this gives parent’s support at home.
- Parents are always welcome to make appointments and home support is essential in this “hand-over” ownership of responsibility for academic success. Our academic monitoring is a very positive aspect of the support we offer and is highly regarded by the students themselves.