“Christ is our Cornerstone”
To be a learning Community, rooted in the teaching of Christ. To reflect and share the love of God in our Service and Worship.
“Learning is our focus”
Our educational vision is to provide an inspirational Christian education which engages, challenges and nurtures our students so that they may live life to the full, now and in the future.
To have integrity and be courageous, compassionate and creative.
These core values underpin how we work as a School Community and the values we look to develop in all members of the Community.
Courageous: Being confident, to embrace challenge.
Compassionate: Reflect the love of God. A care for others, to be peace makers who understand the importance of forgiveness and reconciliation.
Creative: To be inventive, resourceful and visionary.
We believe that the essential nature of a Joint Church School is one of a Christian community. We believe that Christ is our cornerstone and this is at the heart of what we do. It is within this conviction that we hold the responsibility to develop in each individual an awareness of the principal teachings of the Christian faith.
Within our Christian family we strive to achieve the highest standards by creating a school that enables us to:
- Recognise worship as the centre of our life as a church school.
- Nurture Gospel values of faith, hope, love, forgiveness, justice and peace.
- Appreciate and respect each individual as a person.
- Support reconciliation between our two churches and between each other
- Educate the whole person in terms of the spiritual, academic, social, cultural and physical.
- Identify and develop each person’s potential and personal qualities.
- Celebrate the gifts of every individual.
- Serve the school community by participation, support and contribution to the common good.
- Nurture the relationship between home, school and the church community.
- Encourage respect and responsibility for both the immediate and the wider world.