As you are aware the school had 2 inspections last term at the end of November. One by OFSTED and the other was a Church inspection (which occurs every 5 years) called SIAMS. We have recently received the reports from both inspections. Please find attached the OFSTED and SIAMS Reports which will also be placed on to the school website (for those who have not received this letter electronically).
We are delighted with the deserved recognition and acknowledgement of all the hard work that students and staff in partnership with parents have put into the last 2 years. I am very proud of our excellent students, as well as our talented and committed staff at the school. This is a great review of our progress so far towards our aim to be a Centre of Excellence in teaching and learning, where students are prepared for a future in which they can thrive. A school where all students are happy and flourish built on values underpinned by God’s love.
There are a few lines in the reports which particularly highlight the excellent work in the school.
- ‘St Cuthbert Mayne is a warm and welcoming community where young people are enabled to grow and flourish.’
- ‘Pupils and students are well prepared for the next stage of their education, employment or training.’
- ‘The pupils who are in school currently are making good progress.’
- ‘Leaders of the school are aspirational and convey this to pupils, staff and parents at every opportunity. They are role models of excellence.’
- ‘The leadership of teaching, learning and assessment is strong.’
- ‘Teachers’ subject knowledge is good.’
- ‘Leadership in the Sixth Form is highly competent. Teaching in the Sixth Form is good. Teachers provide challenge and support to maximise progress.’
- ‘RE is led by an excellent Head of Department.’
- ‘Students are well prepared for life in modern Britain.’
- ‘Behaviour is good.’
- ‘Pastoral Care within the school is exemplary.’
- ‘Relationships between staff and pupils are good. The Christian Ethos permeates the school.’
- ‘There is no reason to doubt that this is a school which can and will ultimately be a beacon of hope for the Church and the world.’
Thank you for all your support for our work with your children over the last few years.
Wishing you a happy and fulfilling New Year.
Mr Peter S Brown
The full reports can be accessed here: