Curriculum Intent Statement
St Cuthbert Mayne aims to build and deliver a curriculum which:
- Provides an inspirational Christian education where we live out our mission ‘Educating for life in all it’s fullness’, the gospel values and our core values;
- Provides a well considered, structured curriculum that is broad, balanced, engaging ,enriching and challenging for all;
- Enables all students to experience success with a growth mindset, academically, socially and within the local community and beyond.
We believe our students possess unique talents, skills and qualities. They have the right to succeed and the right to develop who they are in a respectful and nurturing environment. Our curriculum is rooted in our values and mission with the love of learning being a key driver.
We have high expectations of our students and our intent is to empower excellence through quality teaching, which enables students to enjoy their learning, make good progress, as well as develop as individuals. Our curriculum requires students to be motivated, challenged and stretched, and also recognised and celebrated for their efforts.
We strive to ensure that the school community is a happy and inclusive one. All students have in common a need to acquire the knowledge, concepts, skills and character necessary for their own development, and for participating positively in society.
Our curriculum is designed to provide opportunities for all students to develop their gifts and talents: spiritual and social; intellectual and emotional; aesthetic and physical growth, and as such our curriculum and its delivery reflect our Christian ethos, mission statement and values. Our curriculum builds on the knowledge, understanding and skills of all students whatever their starting points so that they progress successfully through the key stages and onto their next stage of education, training or work.
St Cuthbert Mayne School is committed to developing a safe and purposeful learning environment, which values all members of our community and fosters mutual respect between all members of the school community.
In order to deliver our Statement of Intent, St Cuthbert Mayne will:
- Ensure all students have access to the provision of a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum, irrespective of their personal aptitudes and abilities.
- Develop enthusiastic, aspirational learners, with the ability to question, argue rationally and reason through developing self confidence and character, leadership, organisation, resilience, initiative and communication.
- Celebrate achievement and development in every individual’s personal growth and academic results.
- Tailor the curriculum delivery and content to meet student needs throughout their journey in our school.
- Deepen their understanding of gospel values, our core values and their own spiritual potential.
- Promote respect and responsibility for their communities, the environment, and world issues caring for our global community.
- Develop knowledge, skills and character transferable to the world of work.
- Promote healthy lifestyles and emotional and physical well-being, encouraging participation in physical activity and nurturing talent.